Thursday, June 3, 2010

This paper cut doesn't hurt!

I've been wanting to tell you about Elsa Mora here for a while because 1. Her work inspires me so much  2. Her work is worth being seen (trust me!) 3. I just admire her; she is one of the people I feel so connected even though I never met her in person, but I know in my heart that I'd love her if I did.
Elsa is a multimedia artist, she makes art dolls, she cuts paper the way no one does, she paints/ illustrates, she does ceramics, sews, writes four blogs including a personal style one and she is a mom of 3 children! Oh, not to forget she has a book too 'Blossom Buddies'!

If I could I'd put all the images of her art here but I tried to gather the ones I admire the most. Enjoy!



Don't you just feel like looking at these not to miss all the beautiful interesting details?



This is one of her dolls, Elsa makes everything with her hands from the tiny pencils to intricate miniature wall hangings.



Examples of her sculptural work


Elsa's ceramic work collection, I love all the organic details!




Elsa made this dress herself entirely! If I saw this dress in a store, I'd buy it in a heart beat. She says; "I made this dress dedicated to my Grandma Maria Julia. I named it "El Jardin de Maria Julia" which means Maria Julia's Garden."
To read more on the story of this dress click here

If you like to discover more about Elsa check out her; Etsy store Elsita, see more of her work in flickr, main blog, Papercutting blog, Art doll blog and personal style blog.



love,
Derya


P.S. Thank you THANK YOU so much for all your sweet comments on my style boards and liking them! I really enjoyed seeing everyone's responses! More of those coming soon.. :D



Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

elsie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Elsita too and would LOVE too meet her! Maybe we should ask her to have lunch with us??

Elsa Mora (Elsita) said...

Thank you, thank you Derya for all the beautiful and generous words about me :) They made me happy and they also made my chicks turn red :o
I send you a big hug!
And also to Elsiee who left a comment before me.
All my best!
Elsita :)

Bubba said...

Amazing work! Thanks for sharing it!

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Oh yes! I like her work too-the third picture is adorable :)
xxxxxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails